09th - 10th November 2017
Accomodation: Participants can lodge any of the following hotels in Douala:
SAWA Novotel:4 Star Hotel
PULLMAN HOTEL:4 Star Hotel & Resorts.
- Email: HA012@accor.com
- Website: www.pullmanhotels.com
- Telephone: 00237 233 423 507 00237 656 558 888
- Price Range : 160 Euros – 397 Euros 178 USD - 440 USD.
Akwa Palace:4 Star Hotel.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +237 23342-2675
- Fax: +237 23342-7416
- Toll Free: +800-221-4542
- Price Range: 212 Euros – 350 Euros 235 USD – 390 USD.
STARLAND HOTEL:4 Star Hotel.
- Website: www.starlandhotel.com
- Telephone: 00237 233 421 100 00237 233 421 103 00237 653 074 949
- Price Range: 160 Euros – 460 Euros. 178 USD - 510 USD
+HOTEL RESIDENCE LA FALAISE :4 Star Hotel
- Web site: www.residencelafalaise.net
- Telephone: 00237 233 432 832 233 432 838
- Price Range: 100 Euros – 305 Euros. 110 USD – 340 USD.
SOMATEL:3 Star Hotel.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.somateldoualahotel.com
- Telephone: 00237 233 436 665
- Price Range: 84 Euros – 110 Euros
- 95 USD - 12O USD
HOTEL PRINCE DEGALLES:3 Star Hotel.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.princedegallesdla.com
- Telephone: 00237 233 423 535
HOTEL IBIS DOUALA:3 Star Hotel.
- Email: H0839@ACCOR.COM
- Website: www.ibis.com/Douala.
- Telephone: 00237 233 425 760.
- Price Range: 112 Euros 130 USD.
Airlines Companies servicing Cameroon:
- Air France - Contact: +237 233 421 555, 233 428 020
- Camair-co - Contact: +237 233 422 013, 233 422 010
- Ethiopian Airways - Contact: +237 233 430 246, 699 562 673
- Brussels Airlines - Contact: +237 233 420 515, 679 536 601, 699 505 523
- Turkish Airlines - Contact: +237 233 421 633, 233 421 634
- Rwanda Air - Contact: +237 233 423 586, 233 423 587
- South African Airways - Contact: +237 233 430 751, 679 530 606
- Royal Air Maroc - Contact: +237 233 422 988
- Asky Airlines - Contact : +237 233 428 210, 233 428 211
NB: Negotiations are underway for special rebates on hotels. You shall be informed as time unfolds.
For participants coming from a country in which Cameroon has an embassy or diplomatic mission, it is advisable to request an entry visa from the country. For participants coming from a country where Cameroon doesn’t have a diplomatic representative, please send us a detailed information on your flight itinerary, photocopy of your current passport and your registration letter for necessary arrangements to be done for the issuance of your visa on the spot.
Local transport services:
Arrangements are underway to welcome participants at the airport in Douala and Yaoundé. For participants who will be transiting through Douala, they may have to spend the night in Douala before departing the next day to Yaoundé by bus. Arrangements are being made to that effect.
There will be a medical centre at the conference. However it is recommended that you take the following basic medicines with you: anti-mosquito sprays, anti-diarrhoea pills and a pain killer such as paracetamol.
It is recommended that you only drink bottled water, do not drink tap water, do not have drinks with ice cubes, do not eat salads, eat cooked food hot and eat fruits that can be peeled.
The official unit of currency in Cameroon is the Franc CFA which is directly pegged to the Euro.
1 Euro = 656.957 F CFA
1 USD = 595 F CFA
The Franc comes as notes and coins in denominations issued by the Bank of Central African States. The notes are in denominations of 500 frs, 1000 frs, 2000 frs, 5000 frs & 10.000 francs. Coins are in denominations of 5frs, 10 frs, 25frs, 50frs, 100frs, 500frs.
Travellers to Cameroon are allowed by law to bring with them any amount of foreign exchange into the country which can be changed to CFA in banks or foreign exchange bureaux. Banks are usually open from 8.am to 3.30 pm Mondays to Fridays. There are banks at the vicinity of the Hilton Hotel.
can be used but this can be risky as credit card fraud is gradually gaining grounds. unused local currency can be re-exchanged.
Telephone, fax and telex services
are available in all main towns and hotels. Most major Hotels have business centres which provide secretarial and courier services. Internet Cafés are doted all over the city and there will be internet services at the conference grounds.
The main Cell phone operators (MTN, Orange, NEXTEL and CAMTEL) have roaming service agreements with most international networks.
The international dialing code for Cameroon is + 237. The outgoing code is 00. The electric voltage used in Cameroon is 220 Volts mostly two pronged European (French) plugs are used and those using the three-prongel British plugs may need an adapter for their equipment. Douala has a tropical monsoon climate with a short dry season. The month of November is characterised by gradually rising daily high temperatures with daily highs around 31oc throughout the month, exceeding 33oc or dropping below 29oc only one day in ten. Daily low temperatures are around 24oc, falling below 22oc or exceeding 25oc only one day in ten.
CAMEROON IN BRIEF:
Location: West/Central Africa along the Gulf of Guinea bordered by Nigeria (1.690 km). Chad (1,094 km), Central African Republic (797 km), Republic of Congo (523 km), Gabon (298 km) & Equatorial Guinea (189 km).
Land Area: 475 442 km2
Population: 25 millions (est 2014)
Age Structure: 0-14 yeas: 41.3 % (male 3,763,332/female 3,695,053) 15-64 years: 55,5 % (male 5,029,658/female 4,994,786) 65 years and over: 3.2 % (male 226,616/female 310,937)
Birth rate: 35.07 births/1,000 population 52007 est)
Official languages: French and English
Climate: Varies with terrain, from tropical along, the coast to semi arid and hot in th north;
Major Regional Tendencies:
Low-land wet tropical forest
Highland tropical forests
Coastal forest wih mangrove swamps
Lowland dry savannah
Notable Geographical Features: Mount Cameroon range, Lake chad.
Coasting: 400 km
Political system:Presidential, Multiparty Democracy
Currency: CFA francs (XAF); fixed parity of 1Euro=655,957 F. CFA USD 1.00 = 580 CFA.
For any question or clarifications contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com